For balanced reporting on the issue Mr. Lacey presents a convincing case for the success of the initiatives undertaken....
Five positive things you should know about clean energy investments:
1. The cash grant program supported up to 75,000 jobs and 23,000 renewable energy projects during the height of the recession.
2. The production tax credit helps leverage up to $20 billion in private investment annually.
3. The loan guarantee program is expected to cost $2 billion less than budgeted.
4. Home weatherization grew 1,000 percent from April to June of 2011, creating 14,800 jobs
5. The Advanced Research Projects Agency for Energy (ARPA-E) has supported dozens of potentially groundbreaking technologies in advanced materials, renewable fuels, electricity generation, waste heat, and battery storage.